Scottish Bird Photography Holiday in Spring
By late May the Highlands are alive with new arrivals heading to the far North to attract mates and eventually breed. This intensive mini-break focusses on the species that call mountain and moorland home with particular emphasis on follow site Dotterel courtship. There is only a short window before the more attractive females depart to Norway to breed for a second time and our tour is scheduled to maximise the
http://vitm.com/pF6ejM-2t6D5JD6f0l6p4_2u4f4c 7368/ peak of activity. We will also plan the itinerary to maximise light and setting to ensure you have a memorable encounter. In most years we have also photographed Ptarmigan in their summer colours as well as Ring Ouzel and Wheatear. There is an outside chance of summer plumage Snow Buntings but their whereabouts changes year on year. We will change our itinerary to maximise the light and species dependant on the prevailing conditions.
Key reasons to choose ebirder:
- In partnership with the get link UK’s Wildlife Hotel, the Grant Arms includes private en-suite accommodation, with WIFI and a three course Dinner
- Photograph courting Dotterel and in some years Dotterel in the snow with a fine supporting cast
- Maximum of watch four photographers
- Long summer hours mean that we can utilise different parts of the day dependant on weather and sightings
- We will be climbing mountains and out to maximise the light conditions so a reasonable degree of fitness is required.